One of the most common myths about digital transformation focused conferences is that they are only for techies and IT focused staff. Our digital focused conference, Digital Excellence 2019, will be of interest to all member facing staff (techie or not!) and we explain why…..
Firstly, we hold the firm belief that from a membership or association professional perspective, ‘digital’ is simply the enabler: the HOW you are going to change; the delivery tool, mechanism and/or channel.
Secondly, we advocate that all structured digital focused change should start with a solid and informed strategy; WHAT you are going to do; your plan.
DIGITALX2019 is for any professional working in the membership sector that sees digital technology playing an important role in the next year for meeting their member focused targets and objectives.
It’s important to get the membership fundamentals right first because without them we risk moving into ‘bells and whistles’ territory. Digital Excellence 2019 will reaffirm these strategic fundamentals and provide you with the insight and knowledge to deliver great online member activity/results.
Something for everyone: our digital focused break out streams
We’ve got some killer member focused digital transformation content in our break out streams this year, covering:
- Online member value, participation and engagement > great for membership professionals that need to keep members happy.
- Digital strategy and leadership > targeted at Director level and above in membership organisations.
- Online learning and CPD management > useful for CPD, professional standards and development staff.
- Digital futures beyond membership > interesting to hear about organisations outside the membership space and what we need to consider in our sector.
- Online member personalisation and big data > great for those that want to understand more about how member data works in reality.
- Online member content essentials > useful for anyone generating member content via digital channels.
- Digital governance and process re-engineering > targeted at those that work in governance as well as those that look after member operations.
We’ve got a diverse group of membership bodies represented at DIGITALX2019
Consumer bodies – We’ve got the Camping and Caravanning Club, The Scouts Association, Royal Yachting Association and World Association for Girl Guide and Girl Scouts.
Donation-based charities – These are represented by high profile organisations including the National Trust and our Business Associations are covered by the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Professional bodies – We have vast array of professional bodies and trade associations such as: The IET, CIMA, The Law Society, Chartered Management Institute, Royal College of GPs, Association of Project Management, the TM Forum, Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, RIBA, ACCA, London Institute of Banking and Finance, Institution of Civil Engineers, BVA, Chartered Banker Institute, CILIP, NAHT, ICAEW, CILEx, Sustainable Restaurant Association, British Medical Association, Institute of Brewing and Distilling and the Royal Society of Chemistry.
And finally, as it that were not enough, we have the private sector represented in the form of dotdigital (formerly Dotmailer), ATPI (a travel company), RPS Group (a group of companies with data at their heart) and LUMI (a digital voting platform).
The tools and the tech to make strategies come to life
So what you will certainly find are the tools and technologies that enable strategies to come to life: websites, CRM systems, mobile apps, social media, video content, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, chatbots, email, search engine optimisation/analytics and online communities – we’ve got these covered in real-life practical examples led by membership organisations who are willing to share their experiences.
Here are some key recommendations for sessions – you won’t want to miss these!
- 5 Years of Digital Membership: Lessons Learned with Rob Ganley from the Camping and Caravanning Club – their first time speaking at conference and with over 700,000 members, they must be doing something right!
- Developing a digital mentoring solution with Clare Hodgson from ACCA – mentoring is a very effective CPD method but learning how to make it digital can be a challenge. Find out how to do it well at this session!
- Digital benefits in a value driven membership model with Sarah Irving from Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce – not only is this the first time a chamber have taken to the stage but we’ll all about their movement towards a value-based model for corporate organisations. Should prove valuable learning for all!
Check out the full DIGITALX2019 programme here: httpss://www.digitalexcellence.live/programme/
Don’t forget our Early Bird offer (20% off) ends on the 6th September so grab yourself a place now! We also have great value for money group passes (between 33% and 40% off) so why not get a delegation together?
The MemberWise Network is a free network of over 5,000 Professionals working for over 2,500 membership organisations and associations. Visit www.memberwise.org.uk/join to join today!